Wednesday 4 April 2012

Where the art is...

This post was inspired by Chicks Climbing post on twitter about Whitney Orban's combined passions of climbing and painting.

I also recently posted on my twitter account about Artist and Alpinist Andy Parkin, combining his passions by creating sculptures out of DMM climbing gear scraps. See the video of the 'Universal Man' creation here, by Ray Wood.

I studied Fine Art at college from the ages of 16-18, but since then the number of occasions I've had a paint brush in my hand have been few and far between. In fact, I've definitely put more paint on walls than I have canvas in the last 10 years!

But, I promised myself 2012 would be a creative year. So, here I am opening myself up to comment, eek. 

I'm desperately out of practice but you have to start somewhere...

Shake out - Daniel at Winspit Quarry
Watercolour on Cardboard (a 5.10 shoe box!)

Study of Burry Port Lighthouse and Harbour
Acrylic, Watercolour, Pen, Glue, Newsprint on Canvas

Sneak peek at Self Portrait, Work in Progress
Acrylic on Canvas


No comments:

Post a Comment