Thursday 4 August 2011

Review: Evolv Womens Elektra VTR climbing shoe


A comfortable yet sensitive, eco-friendly shoe

Being a relatively new climber - comfort was hugely important to me when buying my first pair of climbing shoes, but I also wanted something that wouldn't let me down on performance. After trying out a few, these shoes have turned out to offer me exactly that.

Bouldering in the Evolv Elektras

They are sticky - especially good for smearing, and the sensitivty is great too - even in the toes where they feature their VTR (Variable Thickness Rand) technology. This sounds pretty cool right? It basically means that the rand of the Elektra is more durable in the high wear zones and reduces toe bulge whilst maintaining the toe box structure. This manufacuring process has the added bonus of reducing waste materials. Happy Days.

An added bonus for me was the shoes eco-credentials. Read more here.

These shoes have accompanied me bouldering in the peaks, training on the wall, sea-cliff climbing in Pembs, and long days multi-pitching in North Wales. Having now climbed a little longer and gradually pushing harder grades, I still wouldn't object to buying these again.

Which I may have to do soon with the smell that is coming from the boot of my car...

Post climb

My other half climbs in Boreal Spider's - see what he thinks here.

No comments:

Post a Comment